Saturday, February 21, 2009

Friends

There are different ways you can tell that someone is your friend. One way is that they will care about your personal problems. Either it be divorced parents, or failing grades, they will care. Another way you can tell is that they will not leave you out. If they think they might be leaving you out, they will pull you in. One of the biggest ways you know someone is your friend is that they will stand up for you. Just recently, my best friend did that. I was sitting alone at a table, when my friend came and sat down with me. Well usually she has a different lunch and other people she sits with. But that day was a test day. I expected her to be with her other friends. When she came and sat down she seemed angry. I asked her what was wrong. She said some of the other girls were talking about me. Apparently, when she told them I was one of her good friends, the girl said,"I don't care." I was kind of shocked. Well I had never really liked that girl, but I was still surprised. I thanked her and we went on talking. That was not the first time I realized how grateful I was to have her as a friend. But It is times like that when you know the words, "your my best friend," really count.  

No comments: